2012 - May 10-11: CLEER Conference "One year after the Arab Spring"
One year after the Arab Spring: The European Union’s relations with the Southern-Mediterranean region
Conference co-organised by CLEER, Universidad Pablo de Olavide and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut
Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Seville, Spain
The conference explores the EU‘s response to the events of the Arab Spring, and its reframed policy toward the Southern-Mediterranean region to deliver support for transition to democracy and work closely with partner governments.
Tools of cooperation to be discussed include :
- The 2011 review of the European Neighbourhood;
- The EU’s ties with the region: ad hoc, bilateral and multilateral approaches;
- Select issues of Europe’s Mediterranean strategy: political dialogue, democracy building and economic integration.
Keynote speaker: Ambassador Yigit Alpogan, Deputy Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean
Speakers include: Christophe Hillion (SIEPS, Universities of Leiden and Stockholm, CLEER), Steven Blockmans (KU Leuven, T.M.C. Asser Instituut/CLEER), Larbi Jaidi (Mohammed V University, Rabat), José Manuel Cortés Martín (UPO), Prof. Jan Wouters and Sanderijn Duquet (University of Leuven), Dr. Nikos Skoutaris (Maastricht University, CLEER), Ahmed Driss (Centre for Mediterranean and International Studies), Dr. Sergio Carrera (CEPS Brussels),
Elisabeth Johansson-Nogués (Institut Barcelona de Estudis Internacionals)
The conference has been supported by the European Commission and the Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean.
- General information past events
- 2013 - May 16: CLEER Presidency lectures series "the Cyprus Presidency of the Council of the EU"
- 2013 - April 19: ‘EU environmental norms and third countries: the EU as a global role model?’
- 2013 - February 22: “The External Dimension of EU Counter-terrorism Policy”
- November 29, Experiences of the Danish Presidency of the Council of the EU in the conduct of EU external relations
- 2012, November 9, "Linking trade and non-commercial interests: the EU as a global role model?"
- 2012, 21-22 June, joint EUI-CLEER Conference 'Trade liberalisation and standardisation: new directions in the 'low-politics' of EU foreign policy'?
- 2012 - June 19: 'Legal Approximation and Application of EU Law in the Eastern Neighbourhood of the EU'
- 2012 - 25 May: CLEER workshop "Human Rights and EU Crisis Management Operations: A Duty to Respect and to Protect?"
- 2012 - May 10-11: CLEER Conference "One year after the Arab Spring"
- 2012 -13 March: CLEER fellow lecture Luca Pantaleo
- 2012 - 16-17 February: Tension between universal and regional unification of private law: The conflict between EU law and the maritime and transport law conventions
- 27 October 2011- CLEER Guest Lecture: The experiences of the Hungarian Presidency of the EU Council-a legal appraisal
- 2011 - 13-14 October - The Legal Dimension of Global Governance: What Role for the EU?
- 2011 - 27 May - The European Union’s shaping of the International Legal Order
- 2011 - 17 March - Lecture by Prof. dr. Allan Rosas, Judge at the European Court of Justice
- 2010 - 5 November - The Influence of International Organizations on the European Union: The EU as An Autonomous Legal Order?
- 2010 - 9 July - International Conference in Brussels
- 2009 - 2 October - CLEER Launch
- 2009 - 5 February - Roundtable on the External Dimension of the Stockholm Programme