“U-turn” on biofuels from food crops causes hot debate
On the 17th of October 2012, the European Commission introduced a proposal to minimise the climate impacts of biofuels production.
About: European Environmental Law Network
Welcome to the European Environmental Law network. Here you can find full text cases and legislation in our database. Dossiers offer a more in depth view on specific issues. ‘National pages´ provide an overview of national developments and issues and the EEL News Service informs you of updates.
- Subsidies to renewables cause distortion?
- Proposal to update EU ETS registry rules
- Biofuels responsible for worse air quality and crop yields?
- Doha Climate Change Conference
- ETS aviation postponed but US bill signed; general changes proposed
- “U-turn” on biofuels from food crops?
- “U-turn” on biofuels from food crops causes hot debate
- Durban: Brief note on COP17/CMP7
- US Order for Airlines regarding EU ETS
- “Anti-EU ETS” Bill enters U.S. Senate
- Durban: Outcome of the Climate Change Conference
- China has become the world's largest emitter of carbon
- EU finance ministers increase fund for climate change
- EU well on track to reach Kyoto goals
- WTO and climate change
- Other flexible mechanisms (JI/CDM/IET/GIS)
- Emission trading
- National Allocation Plans
- World Bank
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Environmental priorities of the Spanish Presidency
- Polish national allocation plan under the EU ETS
- EU and EIB’s joint climate finance initiatives
- Proposals regarding EU’s Emissions Trading System backed
- * U.S protest European emission fee on flights
- Economic crisis said to have left ETS “thoroughly obsolete”
- IATA discusses aviation CO2 emissions
- ENDS interviewed Connie Hedegaard, EU Climate Commissioner.
- IMO meeting without agreement on energy standards for ships
- Technologies will drop industry’ emissions
- EEA expresses doubts about Austria, Denmark and Italy
- New rules to prevent fraud in ETS
- EU and the Arctic region
- New ETS emission CAP for 2013
- Lobby between Europe and US against agreement on climate change
- Seven States have not yet complied with the EU ETS
- EU is discussing the Kyoto Protocol amendment
- CO2 target for vans
- Difficult to reach 2050 target
- ETS allowances