- The official website of the President - the French President is France's elected head of state. He has a certain degree of executive power. This website provides his biography information, but also his speeches, symbols of the republic and government institutions
- The Prime Minister's website; French government portal - the Prime MInister has more executive power than the President. He is appointed by the President, with the confidence of the National Assembly. He must always be from the majority party in the National Assembly. The website is managed by the Service d’Information du Gouvernement (Government Information Service/SIG).
- The National Assembly - it is the lower house of the bicameral Parliament of France. It exists out of 577 deputies, which are all elected by a single-member constituency.
- Senate (in French) - it is the upper house of the bicameral Parliament of France. It has less influence than the directly elected National Assembly. The Senators (346 as of the year 2010) are elected indirectly by local elected officials.
- Constitutional Council - after the two houses of the Parliament have passed new statutes, the Constitutional Council checks the constitutionality of the statutes.
- Ministry of Ecology and Sustainable Development
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industry (in French)
- Ministry of Justice (in French)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food, Fisheries and Rural Affairs (in French)
About: European Environmental Law Network
Welcome to the European Environmental Law network. Here you can find full text cases and legislation in our database. Dossiers offer a more in depth view on specific issues. ‘National pages´ provide an overview of national developments and issues and the EEL News Service informs you of updates.
- April 23, SCL Lecture "Addressing Crimes against the Environment under the Rome Statute"
- May 1, The Hague Environmental Law Facility Lecture on 'The European Aarhus Space'
- May 16, The Hague Environmental Law Facility Lecture on 'The Environmental Legacy of Sochi'
- August 25 - 29, Summer Programme on Environmental Law