Intern International Criminal Law and International Human Rights Law and/or International Humanitarian Law
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut offers recently graduated or advanced law students the opportunity to enrich their knowledge with practical experience of working in the field of public international law, with a focus on international criminal law and international human rights law and/or international humanitarian law.
The Institute currently offers one intern position.
The intern will work mainly:
- On the International Crimes Database (ICD);
- On the Netherlands Network for Human Rights Research;
- On research tasks for the (senior) researchers of the Research Strand ‘Human Dignity and Human Security in International and European Law’;
- In addition to these tasks, the intern may be required to help with the organisation of our events and the subsequent drafting of reports.
What we offer:
One full-time, paid (€ 300 to € 450 a month, depending on level of education) internship for a period of six months, starting 7 January 2019, for a recently graduated or an advanced law student specialising in international criminal law and international human rights law and/or international humanitarian law.
Interested candidates should:
- Have a demonstrable interest in and an academic background in public international law, with a focus on international criminal law;
- Have additional interest in and knowledge of international human rights law and/or international humanitarian law;
- Have a Master/LLM in or be current enrolled in a Master Programme in public international law, with a focus on international criminal law and with additional knowledge of international human rights law and/or international humanitarian law;
- Have strong legal analysis and writing skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Be able to draft different types of documents (from academic pieces to project proposals and reports);
- Be able to help organise events and conferences;
- Be motivated and interested in the aims of our organisation;
- Have good team spirit but also be able to work independently.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying please send an email by 10 December 2018, 10:00 CET, to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your letter of motivation;
- Your CV in English;
- Your Master/LLM grade transcripts;
- A sample of your writing (e.g. a paper you have written for your studies).
The selected applicants will be invited for interviews which will take place in the week of 17-21 December 2018. The envisaged start date is 7 January 2019. Applications received after 10 December 2018, 10:00 CET, not containing the four required documents (letter of motivation, CV, grade transcripts and writing sample), which should preferably be bundled together in one single document/attachment, or not indicating “Application Intern ICL and IHRL and/or IHL” in the subject line of the e-mail will not be considered.