The Events team as part of the Commissioned Projects department is seeking a full-time intern to assist with the organisation of trainings and events. The team develops and implements – together with Asser’s researchers and partners – summer programmes, seminars, conferences, lecture series and tailor-made trainings at postgraduate level. Topics of training programmes and events held in the past included the international legal aspects of countering terrorism, better regulation in the European Union and disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team that plans and delivers leading trainings and events in the area of international and European law?
- Inviting speakers, sending out invitations and confirmation letters;
- Arranging all logistical aspects of trainings and events including: setup and managing online registrations, travel and accommodation for (international) speakers and participants, transportation onsite visits, catering, (if relevant) seeking for interpreters and compiling training and conference materials;
- Accompanying study visits to the different international courts, tribunals and international organisations such as the ICC, ICJ and the OPCW in The Hague;
- Collecting and compiling training and conference materials;
- Keeping track of online registrations and answering questions of participants;
- In close cooperation with communications department: assist with PR activities and mailings for events, summer programmes, lecture series and other postgraduate training programmes.
- Be in the final stages of their undergraduate studies in a relevant field (e.g. (International) Event Management, European studies, communications, international law, international relations and marketing);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Have excellent writing and editing skills;
- Have experience in use of MS-Office software and CMS;
- Highly organised, efficient, creative and at the same time attention to detail;
- Competent working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment;
- Have a collaborative, supportive and flexible approach to teamwork;
- Have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills as well as a good sense of humour.
- 40 hours per week for a period of 6 months;
- Compensation depends on the level of education and availability with a maximum of € 450,- gross per month.
How to apply
Applications should include (1) a letter of motivation, emphasising why the applicant is qualified for this internship and (2) a CV. Applications must be written in English and should be sent by email to email@example.com indicating ‘Application internship Events [YOUR NAME]’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 22 October 2017. Interviews will take place in the week of 30 October.
For further information regarding the vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The envisaged start date is 13 November 2017.