- Published: December 2018
- Pages: xi+418
- Publisher: T.M.C. ASSER PRESS
- Distributor: Springer
- ISBN: 978-94-6265-266-8
- E-ISBN: 978-94-6265-267-5
This fourth volume in the book series on Nuclear Non-Proliferation in International Law focuses on the human perspectives regarding the development and use of nuclear energy; the need for regional solutions; and recent activities towards prohibiting and abolishing nuclear weapons.
Jonathan L. Black-Branch is Dean of Law and Professor of International and Comparative Law; Bencher of the Law Society of Manitoba; JP and Barrister (England & Wales); Barrister & Solicitor (Manitoba); and, Chair of the International Law Association (ILA) Committee on Nuclear Weapons, Non-Proliferation & Contemporary International Law.
Dieter Fleck is Former Director International Agreements & Policy, Federal Ministry of Defence, Germany; Member of the Advisory Board of the Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL); and Rapporteur of the International Law Association (ILA) Committee on Nuclear Weapons, Non-Proliferation & Contemporary International Law.
Specific to this book:
- Forms the completion of the existing book series;
- brings new research on both the environmental and the health effects of nuclear energy production;
- contains a comprehensive discussion of a nuclear weapons ban.