The Centre for the Law of EU External Relations (CLEER), hosted by the T.M.C. Asser Instituut in The Hague is looking for an intern starting no later than 19 June 2017 for a period of at least three months, preferably full-time.
Since its inception in 2008, CLEER has served as an unparalleled collaborative research interface between academia and practice, providing a forum for research and debate on the EU’s external actions. With its activities, CLEER develops and maintains an international network aimed at academic cooperation so as to provide a platform for an increased visibility of topical issues falling under the European Union’s external relations law and policy.
- Legal research and analysis in the frame of academic research projects;
- Editing CLEER’s (bi-) weekly News service;
- Editing upcoming issues in CLEER Papers series;
- Organizing upcoming events (workshops, lectures);
- Maintenance of social media output of CLEER;
- Supporting and developing outreach initiatives within the Asser research project ‘Doing Business Right’.
Interested candidates should have:
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of EU External Relations Law. A focus on the pursuit of public values, human rights, and sustainability via trade instruments and EU external action is an advantage;
- Solid academic and non-academic writing skills, research and analytical skills;
- A master degree in EU law, European studies, international law or international relations;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, preferably at a native speaker level;
- Experience with managing websites and social media communication is of an advantage.
What we offer:
- A stipend, based on the level of education completed;
- Exposure to the academic activities of CLEER and the T.M.C Asser Instituut, a leading research centre in International and European law, in particular to the Institute’s research strand ‘Advancing public interests in international and European law’;
- An inspiring, dynamic and international working environment.
Interested candidates should apply by email, sending a motivation letter and CV in English, a sample of academic writing (master’s thesis or paper from a course relevant to EU external relations and EU law) to email@example.com Deadline for application is 31 May 2017, 12.00 PM CET.
Please note: We cannot offer assistance in obtaining residence and work permits for the duration of the internship.