Dr. Avril McDonald (*1965-†2010)
This site is dedicated to Avril McDonald, an extraordinary member of our section IHL/ICL, who unexpectedly passed away in 2010.
Avril McDonald worked as a Researcher and as Head of the Section IHL/ICL for the T.M.C. Asser Instituut from 1997 until 2007.
Thereafter, she continued her association with our organization as “Associate Researcher”. She was involved in the initiation and development of the Yearbook of International Humanitarian Law and the website of International Humanitarian Law.
- March 12, SCL Lecture "First Reflections on the ICC Katanga Judgement"
- April 23, SCL Lecture "Addressing Crimes against the Environment under the Rome Statute"
- May 22, SCL Lecture "Rethinking Culpability through the Impunity Gap"
- June 2 - 25, Summer Law Programme - The Hague
- August 25 - 29, Summer Programme on Countering Terrorism