- Starts at: 16:00h
- Fee: Free
- Venue: T.M.C. Asser Instituut
- Organiser: Centre for the Law of EU External Relations (CLEER) and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut
R.J. Schimmelpennincklaan 20-22
2517 JN The Hague
The seminar will explore the refugee crisis and in particular the EU's legal channels for collaboration with some southern Mediterranean States (Turkey, Morocco and Libya) by assessing the practice followed and the legal and institutional cooperation strategies established so as to detect the implications for the EU external borders (policy). The speakers will also discuss whether, with the establishment of a different European External Border Model, where the border control functions tend to be outsourced outside the territories and maritime spaces of Member States, a new concept of international border arises.
Professor Alejandro Del Valle Galvez
Professor of Public International Law at the University of Cadiz, CLEER Visiting Fellow
Dr. Claudio Matera
Assistant Professor, Chair of International and European Law and Governance, University of Twente, Representative of University of Twente at CLEER
Chair and moderator:
Dr. Tamara Takacs
Senior Researcher and Academic Programme Coordinator of CLEER at the T.M.C. Asser Instituut
• Time: 16:00 hrs, followed by reception.
• Venue: T.M.C. Asser Instituut, R.J. Schimmelpennincklaan 20-22, The Hague
• Questions and registrations: Registration for this event is mandatory, as a limited number of seats are available. Please register via the register button above. For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.