- Biodiversity Policy Unit, DEFRA
- Court Service: Executive agency of the DCA covering policy, legislation and the Magistrates' courts. It is responsible for the running of most of the courts and tribunals in England & Wales, i.e. Crown, County, Appeals, and provides the necessary services to the judiciary and court users to ensure its impartial and efficient operation. The Court Service also has responsibility for advice to the Secretary of State on his responsibilities in relation to magistrates' courts, although they remain a locally managed service as defined in statute
- Environment Agency: public body for protecting and improving the environment in England and Wales.
- Foods Standards Agency: an independent Government department set up by an Act of Parliament in 2000 to protect the public's health and consumer interests in relation to food.
- Health & Safety Executive: responsible for health and safety regulation in Great Britain. The Health and Safety Executive and local government are the enforcing authorities who work in support of the Commission.
- Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution (RCEP): Independent standing body established in 1970 to advise the Queen, government, Parliament and the public on environmental issues
- Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) – DWI is responsible for assessing the quality of drinking water in England and Wales, taking enforcement acti on if standards are not being met, and appropriate action when water is unfit for human consumption
- Forestry Commission - The Forestry Commission is the Government Department responsible for forestry policy throughout Great Britain.
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) : a non-departmental public body. It was set up in April 2005, under the Energy Act 2004, to take strategic responsibility for the UK's nuclear legacy.