Some guidelines if you are considering applying to be a Visiting Fellow:
- The Programme accepts applications in two categories:
- Junior Research Fellows: PhD researchers and Early Career researchers and practitioners.
PhD Researchers are candidates enrolled in a doctoral degree program at another institution abroad who wish to benefit from spending some time at the TMC Asser Institute and its environment in The Hague.
- Senior Fellows: experienced academics and practitioners.
- The applicant must have a reasonably high proficiency in spoken and written English. If English is the applicant’s second language, applicants are requested to demonstrate proficiency with a certificate of TOEFL score 250 or IELTS level 6 (minimum).
- The Visiting Research Fellow Programme encourages applications within the scope of the Institute’s research strands. Applications should indicate to which of the Institute’s strands the research is connected.
- A complete application in any category will include a letter of interest, a C.V. (including publication list), a research proposal (incl. a 200 words abstract), and 2 letters of recommendation. All in English.
- Visiting Fellows pay a 'bench fee' to assist in covering the cost of provision of facilities at the Institute, including desktop computer, libraries (the Institute’s own library, the University of Amsterdam Library) and desk space.
Further inquiries and complete applications should be send to email@example.com
 The bench fee for academic visitors (excluding PhD students) is € 1500 (+ VAT at the current rate) for a stay of three months and a further € 300 (+ VAT) per month thereafter. In some circumstances a higher fee may be agreed. The bench fee may be waived, at the Academic Director’s discretion, when the visitor is making a direct contribution to teaching or to a research project at the Asser Institute.