Internship EU Competition Law and Sport
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut offers post-graduate students the opportunity to gain practical experience in the field of international and European sports law. The T.M.C. Asser Instituut, located in The Hague, is an inter-university research institute specialized in international and European law. Since 2002, it is the home of the ASSER International Sports Law Centre, a pioneer in the field of European and international sports law.
EU Competition Law and Sport
What we offer: The internship will provide a well-rounded experience and insight into the interaction between EU (competition) law and Sport. Under the direction and guidance of a dedicated supervisor, the intern will be considered a full member of our research team and will be expected to contribute in a variety of projects, such as:
- Academic research projects;
- The International Sports Law Journal (ISLJ) and the Asser International Sports Law book series;
- The development of an 'EU Competition Law and Sport' database
- The ASSER International Sports Law Blog
- Education, events, and special projects.
We have place for: A full-time intern position for a period of six months.
Interested candidates should have:
- At least a Master’s degree in law with good study results;
- Good scores in EU law and EU competition law;
- A specific interest in competition law enforcement in the sports sector (antitrust, State aid);
- Strong legal analysis and writing skills;
- Flexibility, motivation and the capability to work independently;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates who are interested in applying can send their letter of motivation and CV, and a recent academic writing sample to HRM@asser.nl before February 8, 2016.