Account manager projects office
Department: Research Department
Section: Public International Law/International Humanitarian Law/International Criminal Law
Telephone: +31 (0)70 3420 369
Fax: +31 (0)70 3420 359
Research interests include:
- Arms Control, Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Law
- Collective Security Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- Law and Practice of the United Nations
- Multidisciplinary approaches to international security challenges
Onur Güven is a researcher at the T.M.C. Asser Instituut for the cluster Public International Law. His research concerns the law and organisation of arms control, disarmament and non-proliferation, including safety and security instruments. He focusses in particular on the national implementation of and compliance with the instruments on chemical, biological and nuclear weapons disarmament and non-proliferation, treaty regime challenges posed by these instruments and holistic approaches on non-proliferation studies.
Onur graduated from Utrecht University and attained his LLB in Jurisprudence and LLM in International and European law. Furthermore he attained his certificate on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law from the American University in Washington DC. His thesis concerned nuclear proliferation by the DPRK, its withdrawal from the NPT and the legality of UNSC Resolutions on this matter. He has also assisted in the Programme on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction in a Changing World which is annually organised by the T.M.C. Asser Instituut and the OPCW.
- March 9 - 19, MATRA PATROL - Public Finance Management
- March 9 - 19, MATRA PATROL - Access to Justice
- March 12, SCL Lecture "First Reflections on the ICC Katanga Judgement"
- April 6 - 16, MATRA PATROL - Integrity of Civil Servants
- April 6 - 16, MATRA PATROL- Quality, Application and Enforcement of Legislation