Communications & Outreach Officer Administrative Unit, Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF)
Starting date: 1 September 2022 (or earlier)
Location: The Hague, the Netherlands
Appointment: 1 FTE = 38 hours
Salary: In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (Scale 10) and dependent on education and relevant experience: €2.960 to €4.660 a month.
We are seeking a Communications & Outreach officer with experience working in corporate communications with international organizations or in government.
Under the general direction of the Head of the GCTF Administrative Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of the GCTF Communications and Outreach Strategy, including managing all related tools and outputs. They will also contribute to the activities of the GCTF Administrative Unit more broadly and work closely with all other members of the team.
The Communications & Outreach officer maintains and populates the Forum’s website and other public communications channels as well as developing and evaluating content and internal guidelines. The individual will be highly proficient in written and spoken English and have superior organizational, intercultural, and interpersonal skills.
The individual must be willing and able to work irregular hours when required and to undertake travel abroad.
The position will be for an initial period of two (2) years with the possibility of extension. The University of Amsterdam/T.M.C. Asser Instituut is the formal employer of all GCTF Administrative Unit staff. The salary and benefits are in accordance with the employment conditions of the Collective Labour agreement for Dutch Universities and the Institute.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing guidance and support to and liaising with the GCTF Co-Chairs, Initiative Leads, GCTF Members, and GCTF partners.
- (Supporting the) planning, oversight, and evaluation of GCTF activities.
- Leading the development and delivery of GCTF communications and outreach tools, materials, and activities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with colleagues across the GCTF community.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned with the required degree of flexibility.
- Represent the GCTF Administrative Unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, international relations, or a related field
- Experience working in communications or public information, preferably in an international environment
- Experience engaging diverse stakeholders, including governments, civil society, and international donors
- Ability to transform technical concepts into content that is relevant and will achieve strategic objectives
- Experience representing an organization at high-level, multilateral events
- Strong strategic thinking, and analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Results oriented, proactive, sound judgement
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills (English). Proficiency in French and/or Arabic is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with communications and outreach tools (e.g., website development, use of social platforms)
- Collaborative and supportive approach to teamwork as well as an ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills and intercultural effectiveness
- Flexible, ability to multitask, perform under pressure, high level of integrity
- Proficient in the MS Office environment
- Able to travel internationally
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Miriam van Nie, Head of Unit, GCTF Administrative Unit at M.van.Nie@thegctf.org. Interested candidates who are eligible to live and work in the Netherlands are requested to submit a curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English (by email only) to the T.M.C. Asser Instituut, att. Julien Simon, firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “GCTF Communications & Outreach officer” in the subject line. The deadline to submit applications is Friday 19 August 2022 by 12.00 noon CEST. Interviews will take place shortly thereafter. The successful candidate will begin as soon as possible.
While we appreciate all expressions of interest, only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Employment agencies should not submit applications.