Call for papers – 3rd Annual International Sports Law Conference of the International Sports Law JournalPublished 21 February 2019
The Editors of the International Sports Law Journal (ISLJ) invite you to submit abstracts for the third ISLJ Annual Conference on International Sports Law, which will take place on 24 and 25 October 2019 at the Asser Institute in The Hague. The ISLJ, published by Springer and Asser Press, is the leading academic publication in the field of international sports law. The conference is a unique occasion to discuss the main legal issues affecting international sports with renowned academic experts and practitioners.
We are delighted to announce the following confirmed keynote speakers for our next ISLJ Annual Conference:
- Beckie Scott (Chair of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Athlete Committee, Olympic Champion, former member of the WADA Executive Committee and the International Olympic Committee (IOC)),
- Ulrich Haas (Professor of Law at Univerzität Zürich, CAS arbitrator), and
- Kimberly Morris (Head of FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS) Integrity and Compliance).
We welcome abstracts from academics and practitioners on any question related to international sports law. We also welcome panel proposals (including a minimum of three presenters) on a specific issue. For this year’s edition, we specifically invite submissions on the following themes:
- The role of athletes in the governance of international sports
- The evolution of sports arbitration, including the Court of Arbitration for Sport
- The role and functioning of the FIFA transfer system, including the FIFA TMS
- The intersection between criminal law and international sports (in particular issues of corruption, match-fixing, human trafficking, tax evasion)
- Protection of minor athletes
- Civil and criminal liability relating to injuries in sports
To submit your paper, please send your abstract of 300 words and CV no later than 30 April 2019 to Dr Antoine Duval at email@example.com. Selected speakers will be informed by 15 May.
The selected participants will be expected to submit a draft paper by 1 September 2019. All papers presented at the conference are eligible (subjected to peer-review) for publication in a special issue of the ISLJ. To be considered for inclusion in the conference issue of the journal, the final draft must be submitted for review by 15 December 2019. Submissions after this date will be considered for publication in later editions of the Journal.
The Asser Institute will cover one night accommodation for the speakers and will provide a limited amount of travel grants (max. 250€). If you wish to be considered for a grant please indicate it in your submission.
For more information on last year’s international sports law conference’s programme, speakers and topics, click here.