Call for intern: International law and European law
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut offers law students the opportunity to enrich their knowledge with practical experience of working in the fields of international and European law.
The Institute is currently offering an internship position to assist with research projects in the fields of international law and European law (research strand on Human Dignity and Human Security in International and European Law).
The main tasks of the internship include:
- To assist with our MATRA project ‘Strengthening Ukraine’s Capacity to Investigate and Prosecute International Crimes’;
- To provide ad hoc research assistance, especially in the field of international humanitarian law, international criminal law and legal aspects of countering terrorism, to the members of the research strand;
- To help with the logistics of (online) events and the subsequent drafting of reports.
What we offer:
A full-time, paid (€ 300 to € 450 a month, depending on level of education) internship for a period of six months, starting 24 May 2021, for a law student specialising in international law.
Interested candidates should:
- Be enrolled as a student in international law;
- Have a demonstrable interest in international humanitarian law and/or international criminal law and/or legal aspects of countering terrorism;
- Have strong editorial skills;
- Have full computer proficiency (experience in maintaining websites is an advantage);
- Be motivated and able to work independently.
In view of the internship’s focus on the MATRA project, fluency in Ukrainian (oral and written) is considered a big advantage.
How to apply:
Students who are interested in applying should send their letter of motivation, a CV, and a written sample in English (preferably submitted in one PDF file) to PO@asser.nl at the latest by 10 May 2021 at 23:59 CET. The selected applicants will be invited for individual interviews which will take place in the week of 17 May 2021. The envisaged starting date is 24 May 2021. Applications received after the deadline and not including the required three components (letter of motivation, CV and written sample) will not be considered.