The events team is seeking two full-time interns to assist with the organisation of trainings and events. The team develops and implements – together with Asser’s researchers and partners – online and in-person training programmes, seminars, conferences, lectures, panel discussions and book launches on topics such as countering terrorism, disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, corporate social responsibility, Artificial Intelligence, EU external relations, and many more. The events organised by the Asser Institute are very diverse in nature and draw a wide range of attendees, including policy-makers, NGOs, employees of the many tribunals and international organisations in The Hague, academics, students, and the general public. Our renowned speakers from the field of international peace, justice, and security bring innovative perspectives and cutting-edge ideas to our events.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Do you have an interest in international law and international relations? Do you feel at ease working on multiple and diverse projects simultaneously? Then join the events team at the Asser Institute in The Hague!
- Inviting and communicating with high-level speakers;
- Arranging all logistical aspects of (winter and summer) courses and events (online or if the situation allows in-person) including: setup and managing online registrations, travel and accommodation for (international) speakers and participants, catering, (if relevant), setting up online meeting platforms (if relevant) and compiling training and conference materials;
- Drafting texts for letters & announcements (regarding conferences and trainings);
- Arranging and coordinating study visits to the different international courts, tribunals and international organisations such as the ICC, ICJ and the OPCW in The Hague;
- Developing logistical event scripts and being the go-to person during (online) events;
- Answering questions per phone or e-mail from participants and speakers;
- Be enrolled in – or recently graduated from - a bachelor or master programme in a relevant field (e.g. (international) event management, European studies, communications, international law, international relations and marketing);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English; being able to communicate in Dutch, French, Spanish and/or Arabic is an advantage;
- Have excellent writing and editing skills;
- Have experience in the use of MS-Office software and CMS;
- Experience with online meeting platforms, such as Zoom or Webex is an advantage
- Highly organised, efficient, creative and at the same time attention to detail;
- Willingness to work irregular hours (at times);
- Have a collaborative, supportive and flexible approach to teamwork;
- Have outstanding communication skills as well as a good sense of humour.
- 38 hours per week for a period of 6 months;
- A stipend of € 300 to € 450 gross per month (full time) depending on the level of education.
- To maximise the internship experience and to learn most from your supervisors during this hands-on internship, it is our intention that the intern works (if the situation allows) from the office. The Asser Institute has implemented measures and follows the guidelines as recommended by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) with regards to COVID-19 to provide a safe working environment.
How to apply
Interested candidates eligible to live and work in the Netherlands are requested to submit their curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English (e-mail only) mentioning your name ‘application internship events’ in the subject line to PO@asser.nl.
The closing date for applications is Monday 04 January 2021 23.59h CET. Interviews will take place in the week of 4-8 January or 11-15 January.
For further information regarding the vacancy, please contact PO@asser.nl. The envisaged start date is February 1st 2021.