Senior Communications & Marketing Advisor
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut is a research centre for international and European law in The Hague. Its mission is to contribute to the development of international and European law by conducting independent fundamental research, policy-oriented research, and applied legal research, as well as by initiating and facilitating academic and expert meetings, (professional) education, and public events with a view to disseminating knowledge of international and European law. The Asser Institute is a strong and socially engaged research community that strives for critical-constructive reflection in the various fields of international and European law.
The institute invites applications for a:
Senior Communications & Marketing Advisor
Full-time (38 hours per week)
We are looking for a senior communications and marketing specialist with a general background in (online) communications, preferably in an academic environment. You have plenty of experience in locating and reaching (new) target groups, creating content for different audiences, purposes and formats. You will be part of a team of two senior advisors and two interns, and will report to the Managing Director of the institute.
As Senior Communications & Marketing Advisor you will:
- Develop and implement our communication strategy in line with the strategic goals of the institute;
- Advise on and coordinate the development of communication tools and materials, aligned with the communication strategy, tailored to the specific needs of our (current and new) target groups;
- Develop, manage and improve the Institute’s website(s) and social media;
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of online (research) communications plans together with our research staff;
- Develop and execute (digital) communications/marketing strategies for a range of events and training programmes;
- Produce and/or coordinate a diverse range of impactful content for our website, newsletters, social media and other channels – news items, images, video, pod casts, press releases, etcetera;
- Provide expert communications advice and social media trainings to our (senior) research staff;
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including the media and advise on and contribute to the development of a press policy;
- Follow internal and external developments in the field and assess its relevance to our current and future public affairs policy.
You are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Relevant University or HBO-degree;
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in an academic environment;
- Affinity with science communications and/or International/European law
- A demonstrated track record in developing and implementing communications and marketing strategies;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Native Dutch, at least near-native English;
- Proactive and hands-on mentality;
- A solid sparring partner/advisor for the organisation;
- Ability to work independently, to meet deadlines and to prioritise competing tasks;
- Team player, with outstanding interpersonal and project management skills;
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a creative mind pushing for innovation.
- This appointment will be initially for a period of one year. Extension of the appointment is subject to satisfactory performance after the first year;
- Salary scale: max. 12 according to the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities (VSNU). Remuneration depends on the actual level of education, experience and knowledge with a maximum of €5.826 gross per month based on a full time equivalent (38 hours);
Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
To apply, please send an email with your CV and a letter of motivation to G.C. Grift MS, Managing Director (PO@asser.nl). Your application must be submitted in English.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15 September. First-round interviews will be planned in the week of 20 September 2021.
For further information, please contact Gert Grift, Managing Director T.M.C. Asser Instituut (e-mail: email@example.com)
Acquisition for this job offer is not appreciated.