Communications and PR internship
T.M.C. Asser institute is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to the fill the vacancy of a:
Communications and PR Intern
The current communications department at the Asser Institute is fairly new, which means there is a lot of room for creativity and new ideas. As a communications and PR intern you will work under the supervision of the PR and Communications officers to assist in the implementation of the communications and social media strategies, and daily tasks. If selected, you will also work closely with the Events Department to ensure that all communications’ expectations and goals are carried out successfully pre, post, and during events. You will have the opportunity to express and develop new ideas. The starting date for this internship is March 18, 2019.
What will you do?
Among the many engaging and fun things you will be working on, these are your main tasks:
- Assist the Communications Department in implementing the communications strategy across various online platforms as well as internally.
- Contribute to designing and developing communications materials for PR and marketing purposes.
- Produce written and visual content for our online platforms (website, social media, and newsletters).
- Help create communications plans and campaigns.
- Conduct interviews (both written and on camera) with our researchers on their latest work, and with speakers and participants at our regular events.
Who are we looking for?
- You are in the final stages of your studies in a relevant field (e.g. journalism, communications, media studies, public relations, international relations, European studies, marketing)
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. Dutch is a plus but not mandatory.
- You possess excellent writing and editing skills
- You have hands-on experience with managing different social media platforms and producing online content.
- You are a Microsoft Office Master (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You are a quick learner, confident to work independently and in an enthusiastic team.
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communications skills and can express your ideas openly and constructively.
- Experience with Indesign, video editing and photography is a plus.
- You possess organisational and time management skills and are able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- You are creative and proactive with an eye for detail. You take the initiative to improve and develop the projects you are working on.
What we offer:
- A hands-on experience at a vibrant office environment with a diverse group of colleagues, based in The Hague.
- 38 hours per week for a minimum period of 3 months with a possibility for extension to 6 months.
- The opportunity to further your knowledge and network in the field of International and European Law, and in communications.
- A compensation depending on your education and experience (€300 / or €450 for students with a Master degree per month).
- A flexible work schedule.
- Window for growth with the support of your colleagues and supervisors.
- The opportunity to go on study visits to international tribunals and courts, and attend some of our educational events for free.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please submit the following documents in English attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Vacancy Communications and PR Intern”.
- Your updated CV
- A letter of motivation
- A writing sample in the form of a journalistic news article for the Asser website (300 - 500 words)
The closing date for applications is 3 March, 2019. Selected applicants will be invited for an interview in the first week of March, and will be expected to start on the 18th of March.
For questions, please contact Faten Bushehri, PR & Communications Officer at (email@example.com).
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut is a research centre for International and European law. Its mission is to contribute to the development of international and European law by conducting independent fundamental research, policy-oriented research, and applied legal research, as well as by initiating and facilitating academic and expert meetings, education, and public events. The institute is dedicated to building a strong research community and creating an environment that facilitates critical-constructive reflection.