The events team is seeking a full-time intern to assist with the organisation of trainings and events. The team develops and implements – together with Asser’s researchers and partners – training programmes, seminars, conferences, lectures, panel discussions and book launches on topics such as countering terrorism, disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, corporate social responsibility, Artificial Intelligence, EU external relations, and many more. The events held at the Asser Institute are very diverse in nature and draw a wide range of attendees, including policy-makers, NGOs, employees of the many tribunals and international organisations in The Hague, academics, students, and the general public. Our renowned speakers from the field of international peace, justice, and security bring innovative perspectives and cutting-edge ideas to our events.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Do you have an interest in international law and international relations? Do you feel at ease working on multiple and diverse projects simultaneously? Then join the events team at the Asser Institute in The Hague!
- Inviting and communicating with high-level speakers;
- Arranging all logistical aspects of (winter and summer) courses and events including: setup and managing online registrations, travel and accommodation for (international) speakers and participants, transportation onsite visits, catering, (if relevant) seeking for interpreters and compiling training and conference materials;
- Drafting texts for letters & announcements (regarding conferences and trainings);
- Accompanying study visits to the different international courts, tribunals and international organisations such as the ICC, ICJ and the OPCW in The Hague;
- Developing logistical event scripts and being the go-to person during events;
- Answering questions per phone or e-mail from participants and speakers;
- Assist with mailings for events, lecture series and postgraduate training programmes.
- Be enrolled in – or recently graduated from - a bachelor or master programme in a relevant field (e.g. (international) event management, European studies, communications, international law, international relations and marketing);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English; being able to communicate in Dutch, French, Spanish and/or Arabic is an advantage;
- Have excellent writing and editing skills;
- Have experience in the use of MS-Office software and CMS;
- Highly organised, efficient, creative and at the same time attention to detail;
- Willingness to work irregular hours (at times);
- Have a collaborative, supportive and flexible approach to teamwork;
- Have outstanding communication skills as well as a good sense of humour.
- 40 hours per week for a period of 6 months;
- A stipend of € 300 to € 450 gross per month (full time) depending on the level of education.
How to apply
Interested candidates eligible to live and work in the Netherlands are requested to submit their curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English (e-mail only) mentioning your name ‘application internship events’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline has passed. Interviews will take place in the week of 16 to 20 December.
For further information regarding the vacancy, please contact email@example.com. The envisaged start date is in January or early February.