Intern EU External Relations Law
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut offers recently graduated or advanced law students the opportunity to enrich their knowledge with practical experience of working in the field of public international law and EU law, with a specific focus on EU external relations law.
The Institute currently offers one intern position.
The intern will work mainly:
- On editing working papers
- On research tasks for the (senior) researchers of the Research Strand ‘Advancing Public Interests in International and European Law’;
- In addition to these tasks, the intern may be required to help with the organisation of our events and the subsequent drafting of reports.
What we offer:
One full-time internship for a period of ten months with a stipend (300-450 euro depending on level of education), starting 1 August 2019, for a recently graduated or an advanced law student specialising in European Union Law and EU External Relations Law.
Interested candidates should:
- Have a demonstrable interest in and an academic background in EU law, with a focus on EU external relations law;
- Have additional interest in and knowledge public international law;
- Have a Master/LLM in or be current enrolled in a Master Programme in EU law, with a focus on EU external relations law and with additional knowledge of public international law;
- Have strong legal analysis and writing skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Be able to draft different types of documents (from academic pieces to project proposals and reports);
- Be able to help organise events and conferences;
- Be motivated and interested in the aims of our organisation;
- Have good team spirit but also be able to work independently.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying please send an email by 1 July 2019, 10:00 CET, to P&O Asser at PO@asser.nl with:
- Your letter of motivation;
- Your CV in English and MS-Word only;
- Your Master/LLM grade transcripts;
- A sample of your writing (e.g. a paper you have written for your studies).
The selected applicants will be invited for interviews which will take place in the week of 8-12 July 2019. The envisaged start date is 1 August 2019. Applications received after 1 July 2019, 10:00 CET, not containing the four required documents (letter of motivation, CV, grade transcripts and writing sample), which should preferably be bundled together in one single document/attachment, or not indicating “Application Intern EU External Relations Law” in the subject line of the e-mail will not be considered.