YIHL Vol. 22 (2019) Call for Papers
Call for Papers - Yearbook of International Humanitarian Law, Vol. 22 (2019)
General theme: 70 Years Geneva Conventions: Past, Present and Future
In 2019, the 1949 Geneva Conventions celebrate their 70th anniversary. With this milestone for international humanitarian law in mind, the Editorial Board of the Yearbook of International Humanitarian Law invites submissions that address the relevance of the Geneva Conventions, taking into account the past, present and future. In view of this broad theme, the Yearbook’s Editorial Board hereby suggest a few concrete topics that could be the subject of a submission falling under the general theme. However, please note that the following list is not limitative:
- Compliance with international humanitarian law;
- General principles of international humanitarian law;
- The end of conflicts (when and how);
- International humanitarian law and technological developments;
- The relationship between international humanitarian law and counter-terrorism (e.g. prosecutions, but also the issue of humanitarian assistance);
- Sexual violence in armed conflict;
- The law of neutrality.
Moreover, there is, of course, the possibility to submit articles on other relevant topics not related to the general theme ‘70 Years Geneva Conventions: Past, Present and Future’.
Interested authors should send their submission before 1 October 2019 to the Managing Editor of the Yearbook, Dr. Christophe Paulussen (email@example.com). Articles should be submitted in conformity with the Yearbook's guidelines. The Editorial Board aims to publish Vol. 22 (2019) at the end of the ensuing year, in December 2020 at the latest.