[Apply now] Nuffic MENA scholarships for law courses for young professionalsPublished 7 September 2021
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut invites professionals to apply to the Nuffic MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) and Orange Knowlegde Programme (OKP) to attend our 2022 summer law programme on International criminal law and international legal & comparative approaches to counter-terrorism (31 May – 24 June 2022, provisional date). Women and/or professionals working at NGOs, in particular, are encouraged to apply.
With the NUFFIC scholarship, you could attend this 4-week law course, organised by the T.M.C. Asser Instituut and partners. For more information on this course, click here, and you will see information on a previous edition (2021) similar in scope and nature.
Only young professionals, who are working in the area of security and rule of law and are nationals of - and living and working in - Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya or Morocco, can apply. For more information on the MSP scholarship, see here.
Deadline: 12 October 2021 at 16.00 CET.
Before you start with your Nuffic application, please read the following important information:
- Eligibility: Review the eligibility criteria carefully for the MSP. And here for OKP.
- Motivation: You are requested to answer three motivation questions in your application form, which should clearly indicate the link between your organisation and position, and the topic ‘security and rule of law’. You will have to motivate your choice of course (e.g. the need for new knowledge and skills) in relation to problems or issues faced by your organisation; and you will have to describe how you are planning to put the newly acquired knowledge and skills to use.
- Please be specific and base your answers on facts. We can provide advice, if necessary.
- Employer statement: Make sure to check whether your employer is willing to nominate you for the scholarship. All applications must be supported by an employer statement, and only the prescribed Nuffic format (see here) will be accepted as a valid document (a French employer statement is also available here.) The employer statement indicates the relevance of the training to you as an employee, and to the organisation you work for.
- Government statement: Some countries require applicants to further provide a government statement in support of your application. When required, please prepare this in advance, as this process could take a few weeks. See the Overview Government statements (for MSP) for more information.
The application procedure
- You can register for the MSP and OKP Nuffic scholarship ONLY via the link at the bottom of this page.
- You will complete the registration form and upload the employer statement and a copy of your passport (as well as a government statement, if applicable). It is possible to save and continue the application process at a later time. You will receive a login code to re-access your form.
- If your application meets all the course admission requirements and the eligibility criteria, the Asser Institute can nominate you for a scholarship.
- Nuffic and the Netherlands embassies will thereafter consider these nominations for funding.
- The scholarships will be awarded by Nuffic, to a selection of highly motivated professionals. Recipients are expected to introduce newly-acquired skills and knowledge to their employing organisation. The selection by Nuffic is final, and not subject to discussion and/or correspondence.
Nuffic scholarship registration link
- for MSP scholarship (Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya or Morocco) click here.
- for OKP scholarships, click here
If you need more information or assistance with your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org