[Call for papers] International Sports Law Journal conferencePublished 5 June 2023
The International Sports Law Journal (ISLJ) invites abstract submissions for the next edition of the ISLJ Conference on International Sports Law. The deadline for submitting an abstract is 1 July 2023.
The ISLJ Conference on International Sports Law will take place on 26 and 27 October 2023 at the Asser Institute in The Hague. The ISLJ, published by Springer and TMC Asser Press, is the leading academic publication in the field of international sports law and the conference is a unique occasion to discuss the main legal issues affecting international sports and its governance with renowned academic experts.
They welcome abstracts from academics and practitioners on all issues related to international sports law and governance. They also welcome panel proposals (including a minimum of three presenters) on specific issues of interest to the Journal and its readers. For this year’s edition, they specifically invite submissions on the following themes and sub-themes:
How football governance is (re)shaped by EU law
- EU law and the governance of football
- EU law and the regulation of the transfer system
- EU law and players’ rights
- EU law and the regulation of agents
- The CJEU and football
Autonomy and neutrality in the transnational governance of sports
- The ideal of the political neutrality of sport and its translation into the regulation and governance of sport
- The relationship between political neutrality and sporting autonomy in the governance of SGBs
- Boycotts, bans and the limits of the political neutrality of sports
The transnational regulation of gender by sports governing bodies
- The transnational regulation of gender by SGBs
- The transnational regulation of transgender participation by SGBs
- The CAS and the question of gender
- The Caster Semenya case at the ECtHR
Please send your abstract of 300 words and CV no later than 1 July 2023 to Antoine Duval.
Travel grants for speakers
The Asser Institute will cover one night accommodation for the speakers and provide a limited amount of travel grants (max. 250€). If you wish to be considered for a grant, please explain why in your submission.