3rd CLEER Summer School on EU External Relations Law27 June - 01 July 2016
- Starts at: 09:00h
- Fee: € 500 / € 250 (students)
- Venue: University of Maastricht, Campus Brussels
- Organiser: CLEER, T.M.C. Asser Instituut and Maastricht University
The Centre for the Law of EU External Relations (CLEER) and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut present their third intensive one-week summer school in EU External Relations Law, hosted by Maastricht University in the European capital of Brussels, from 27 June - 1 July 2016.
The programme will comprise interactive lectures delivered by renowned academic experts, workshops led by experienced practitioners and excursions to the EU institutions, enabling participants to glean first-hand experience of how theory is transformed into practice.
What does the programme offer you?
- Extensive knowledge of the core actors and instruments forming the foundations of the EU's external action
- Deep understanding of legal and policy issues in key fields including the ENP, Trade, Development, Environment, CFSP/CSDP, and AFSJ.
- Simulating debate on current EU external policy challenges such as the EU refugee crisis and counter-terrorism efforts.
- First-hand experience of life at the heart of the EU, along with fantastic networking opportunities.
Admission requirements: Students, civil servants or practitioners with an academic background or practical experience in law, political science or international relations.
Language: All lectures will be held in English.
Tuition fee: € 500, € 250 for students (covering lunch and opening dinner). Eight scholarships are available for students, waiving the tuition fee which will be awarded on the basis of merit and financial need. For non-students, daily attendance is also possible, in which case the tuition is € 100 per day.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance. For students, 2 ECTS will be awarded upon successful participation in the summer school exam.
Registration: Please register on the UM Campus Brussels website.
>> Download the summer school flyer