Shiraka Training Programme - Administration of Justice04 - 13 December 2016
- Starts at: 09:00h
- Venue: T.M.C. Asser Instituut
- Organiser: T.M.C. Asser Instituut
R.J. Schimmelpennincklaan 20-22
2517 JN The Hague
In 2016, the Netherlands-Arab Partnership (Shiraka) was launched by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a successor to the Matra South Programme. Shiraka aims to support the sustainable democratic transition and is dedicated to contribute to the political developments in the Arab region.
One of the components of this partnership is the Shiraka Training Programme (STP), an instrument for enforcement of the bilateral relations between the Netherlands and eligible countries at government level.
This year’s professional development course on ‘Administration of Justice’ is being implemented by the T.M.C. Asser Instituut. The objective of this course is for civil servants working in the field of administration of justice to share their knowledge and skills enabling them to lead and inspire the modernisation of judiciary and prosecution services. The course also aims to strengthen participants’ ties with the Netherlands and the Dutch government; especially between Dutch civil servants and their counterparts in the target countries.
Eligible countries for this course are: Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia.
Course outline and content
- Safeguards of Judicial Independence
- Rule of law principles as foundations of administration of justice
- Integrity and Modernisation of the Judiciary
- Integrity of adjudication and dealing with the media in the courts
- Practical skills workshop
- Internationalisation of Administration of Justice
- Mediation Practices and Small claims procedures
To complement the classroom content, several study visits will be organised.
Dates, location and language
The professional development course will take 2 weeks in total.
- Part I: 4-13 December 2016, The Hague, NL (T.M.C. Asser Instituut)
- Part II: March or April 2017, In one of the participating countries
It is no longer possible to apply for this training programme.