- Starts at: 09:00h
- Fee: 550, €350 for students
- Venue: Maastricht University, Brussels
- Organiser: T.M.C. Asser Instituut/ CLEER
Avenue de l'Armée/Legerlaan 10
- Email: email@example.com
CLEER and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut present their second intensive one-week summer school in EU External Relations Law, hosted by Maastricht University in the European capital of Brussels from 23-27 June 2014.
The programme will comprise interactive lectures delivered by renowned academic experts, workshops led by experienced practitioners and a number of excursions to the EU institutions, enabling participants to glean first-hand experience of how theory is transformed into practice.
What does the programme offer you?
1. Extensive knowledge of the core actors and instruments forming the foundations of the EU's
2. Deep understanding of legal and policy issues in key fields including Trade, Development,
Environment, CFSP/CSDP, Enlargement and Energy Security.
3. Simulating debate on current EU external policy challenges including the Eastern Partnership,
relations with Russia and the situation in Ukraine.
4. First-hand experience of life at the heart of the EU, along with fantastic networking
Admission requirements: Students, civil servants or practitioners with an academic background
or practical experience in law, political science or international relations.
Language: All lectures will be held in English.
Tuition fee: 550 EUR, 350 EUR for students (covering lunch, opening dinner and the book “EU
External Relations Law: Text, Cases and Materials”, written by : Bart Van Vooren and Ramses A.
Four scholarships are available for students, waiving the tuition fee which will be awarded on the basis of merit and financial need.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance. For students, 2 ECTS will be awarded upon
successful participation in the summer school exam.
Registration should be submitted through the website of UM Campus Brussels www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/show/id=6701406/langid=42
Please find a detailed programme below.