- Starts at: 09:00h
- Fee: 1495 euro
- Venue: T.M.C. Asser Instituut
- Organiser: T.M.C. Asser Instituut, EEL Network & HELF
R.J. Schimmelpennincklaan 20-22
2517 JN The Hague
- Email: email@example.com
- Confirmed speaker: Joyeeta Gupta, Professor of environment and development in the global south
- Final programme with speakers online
The Future We Choose
From 24 – 28 August 2015, the T.M.C. Asser Instituut in cooperation with the European Environmental Law (EEL) Network and the Hague Environmental Law Facility (HELF) are organising the second Summer Programme on International and European Environmental Law.
This year’s programme is designed to enhance practical knowledge on the topic of climate change and numerous other legal regimes governing the most important aspects of international and European environmental law.
The 5-day programme consists of interactive lectures by renowned experts from academia and practice, and a study visit to the International Court of Justice. The participants will gain extensive knowledge and understanding of these areas of law, which are growing in importance every day.
The programme will cover a wide variety of topics such as:
- The road to Paris and beyond: tackling climate change;
- Challenges of sustainable water use;
- Shaping sustainable finance;
- The role of private investors in promoting sustainability;
- Trade agreements and the environment;
- Legal aspects of sustainable energy;
- Creating a circular economy.
Policy makers, lawyers, practitioners working in the banking sector, think thanks or NGOs and researchers who, in their professional capacity, deal with aspects of international and/or European environmental law and issues of sustainable development are invited to apply.
Furthermore, persons already experienced in environmental policies or persons relatively new to this area of law, will benefit greatly from the unique insights in the status quo and recent developments in environmental law. For Ph.D. researchers or advanced students, the programme offers an excellent opportunity to interact with experts in the fields they are interested in. Familiarity with (environmental) law or environmental policy is desirable.
- Confirmed speaker: Prof. Nicolas de Sadeleer, Professor of law at Saint Louis University, Brussels
- Confirmed speaker: Dr Leonardo Massai, Legal and Policy Advisor on Climate Change
- Hague Court orders Dutch State to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Keynote speaker confirmed: Prof. dr Malgosia Fitzmaurice, Queen Mary University of London
- Paris 2015: preparatory negotiations held in Bonn
- Confirmed speaker: Pier Vellinga, Professor in Climate Change
- Confirmed speaker: Dr. Marcel Szabó, Hungarian Ombudsman for Future Generations
- The environmental implications of TTIP: can it tip the scale?
- The Road to Paris and a Global Climate Agreement
- Apply for the Summer Programme at: www.asser.nl/SummerProgrammeIEEL.
The deadline for registration has been extended. You can register up to two weeks before the start of the Summer Programme.
*Please read the Registration Information & Conditions carefully before registration (see brochure).
For more information or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Please download the flyer, brochure and programme for more detailed information about the programme, the subject areas that will be covered and the terms and conditions of registration.