Education & Events
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut is a leading and authoritative provider of executive and postgraduate education. Utilising our collective knowledge and skills and the power of partnership we create unique and highly relevant programmes on a variety of subjects and levels for a diverse range of individuals (including judges, prosecutors, legislators, civil servants, diplomats, lawyers and students) operating in the judicial sector.
The breadth of Asser’s training programmes ranges from capacity building to interdisciplinary knowledge development for professionals to contributing to curricula of international universities’ law degree programmes.
Our staff is experienced in identifying needs and designing and organising (tailor-made) effective training programmes, conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings and other academic and/or educational gatherings.
Please feel free to contact the Education Department (see contact details below) should you require further information or assistance with respect to the above.
Our recent knowledge dissemination activities include, among others:
- MATRA Pre-Accession Training Programme - Strengthening Institutional capacity through stimulating, supporting and contributing to the efficient implementation of the EU Acquis in the area of ‘Rule of Law'. Participants included judges, prosecutors and policy makers from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
- MATRA South Administration of Justice training programme towards democratic transition for policy advisors, members of the judiciary and other civil servants in the MENA region.
- Inter-University Graduate Programme on International Criminal Law and Procedure - Working with the Outreach and Legacy Section of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL) we deliver, via streaming from The Hague to Beirut, a series of lectures on International Criminal Law and Procedure. The lectures are prepared and delivered by prominent (international) academics and practitioners in the field. This programme benefits law and political science students studying at nine different universities in Lebanon.
- Private International Law Symposium on "International Civil Procedure and Brussels Ibis" - This symposium convened international academics and practitioners to discuss recent developments on the EU level, Brussels Ibis regulation and forum selection clauses and Brussels Ibis regulation and enforcement.
- Sports Law 'Lunch & Learn' seminars - These lunchtime sessions host prominent international experts who share and discuss with participants their knowledge and opinions on topical sports law issues.
For more information on our summer programmes, regular lecture series and other events, please check the calendar of events.
Education & Training:
Telephone: +31 (0)70 3420350
Telephone: + 31 (0)70 3420310