November 21, Economic, Social and Cultural Rights: Vehicles for Social Justice?
2012 Research Seminar of the Working Group on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, The Netherlands School of Human Rights Research
The 2012 Research Seminar of the Working Group on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights of the Netherlands School of Human Rights Research, hosted by the T.M.C. Asser Instituut, will explore the nexus between economic, social and cultural rights (ESC) and social justice.
This event aims to bring together the debates on ESC human rights, development and social justice, seeking in particular to answer the following questions: how can ESC rights be used to achieve broader social justice in national and international society? Do ESC rights provide a way to deal with fundamental inequalities in society? How to address the need to redistribute or share benefits within a framework of social justice?
Please be invited to join us for what promises to be a stimulating discussion amongst those working on these issues from various perspectives: policy makers, academics, civil society members, etc.
Keynote addresses by Dr. Margot Salomon and Dr. Wouter Vandenhole will serve as a starting point for the discussion. Prof. Bas de Gaay Fortman will chair the discussion.
* Participation is free of charge. However, registration is necessary.
Please register by Friday November 16th at email@example.com, subject line ‘Seminar ESC’, mentioning full name and organisational affiliation.
- Dr. Margot Salomon (Senior Lecturer, Centre for the Study of Human Rights, London School of Economics, United Kingdom)
- Dr. Wouter Vandenhole (Professor, Human Rights Law and Children’s Rights, University of Antwerp, Belgium)
- Chair – Prof. Bas de Gaay Fortman (Emeritus Professor of Political Economy of Human Rights, Netherlands Institute of Human Rights (SIM), Utrecht University, The Netherlands)
15.05-15.45 Q&A, Discussion
- 21 November 2012 - 21 November 2012
- Working Group on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, The Netherlands School of Human Rights Research
- Starts at:
- Event type:
- € Free*
- T.M.C. Asser Instituut
- R.J. Schimmelpennincklaan 20-22
- The Hague
- The Netherlands
- Let others know you are interested: