The Chair of the Advisory Board is Prof Dr Ernst Hirsch Ballin (Professor of Human Rights Law, University of Amsterdam; President of the board of the Asser Institute).
The purpose of the Advisory Board is to provide advice on the research agenda carried out by the NNHRR and on possible topics of research, new opportunities, and new ideas. Together with the Advisory Board, the NNHRR develops a forward-thinking vision and a cutting-edge research agenda.
The Advisory Board also guides the NNHRR in the valorisation of academic outputs. Under its advice, NNHRR members not only conduct high-quality research, but also link their research outputs closely to societal debate.
The Advisory Board will meet with the Steering Committee once a year.
Members of the Advisory Board:
• Prof. dr. Ernst Hirsch Ballin (President, T.M.C. Asser Instituut, Professor of Human Rights Law, University of Amsterdam, Chair of the Network’s Advisory Board)
• Joke Brandt (Secretary-General, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
• Adriana van Dooijeweert (Chair, The Netherlands Institute for Human Rights)
• Prof. Morten Kjærum (Director, Raul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law)
• Prof. Liesbeth Lijnzaad (Judge, International Tribunal for the Law for the Sea)
• Eduard Nazarski (Director, Amnesty International Nederland)
• Alphons Orie (Former Judge, ICTY)
• Michiel Servaes (Director Oxfam Novib)
• Jos Silvis (Procurator General, Supreme Court of the Netherlands)
• Prof. Christine van den Wyngaert (Former Judge, International Criminal Court)