The Chair of the Advisory Board is Prof Dr Ernst Hirsch Ballin (Professor of Human Rights Law, University of Amsterdam; President of the board of the Asser Institute).
The purpose of the Advisory Board is to provide advice on the research agenda carried out by the NNHRR and on possible topics of research, new opportunities, and new ideas. Together with the Advisory Board, the NNHRR develops a forward-thinking vision and a cutting-edge research agenda.
The Advisory Board also guides the NNHRR in the valorisation of academic outputs. Under its advice, NNHRR members not only conduct high-quality research, but also link their research outputs closely to societal debate.
The Advisory Board will meet with the Steering Committee once a year.
Members of the Advisory Board:
• Jan-Willem van den Braak, Chair of Stichting SBI and World connector
• Joke Brandt, Secretary-General, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Adriana van Dooijeweert, Chair of The Netherlands Institute for Human Rights
• Ernst Hirsch Ballin, President T.M.C. Asser Instituut, Professor of Human Rights Law at the University of Amsterdam
• Morten Kjærum, Director Raul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law
• Liesbeth Lijnzaad, Professor Practice of International Law, Maastricht University, judge at the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea
• Eduard Nazarski, Director Amnesty International Nederland
• Jos Silvis, Procurator General, Supreme Court of the Netherlands
• Christine van den Wyngaert, former judge International Criminal Court