The Chair of the Advisory Board is Prof. Liesbeth Lijnzaad (Judge, International Tribunal for the Law for the Sea).
The purpose of the Advisory Board is to provide advice on the research agenda carried out by the NNHRR and on possible topics of research, new opportunities, and new ideas. Together with the Advisory Board, the NNHRR develops a forward-thinking vision and a cutting-edge research agenda.
The Advisory Board also guides the NNHRR in the valorisation of academic outputs. Under its advice, NNHRR members not only conduct high-quality research, but also link their research outputs closely to societal debate.
The Advisory Board will meet with the Steering Committee once a year.
Members of the Advisory Board:
• Prof. Liesbeth Lijnzaad (Judge, International Tribunal for the Law for the Sea, Chair of the Network's Advisory Board)
• Jacobine Geel (Chair, The Netherlands Institute for Human Rights)
• Prof. Morten Kjærum (Director, Raul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law)
• Eduard Nazarski (Former Director, Amnesty International Nederland)
• Alphons Orie (Judge, International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals)
• Michiel Servaes (Director Oxfam Novib)
• Prof. Christine van den Wyngaert (Judge, Kosovo Specialist Chambers)