Winter Academies 2021
In 2021, T.M.C. Asser Instituut will organise the following (online) Winter Academies:
[Online winter academy] Due diligence as master key to responsible business conduct (25-29 January 2021)
This thought-provoking winter academy will provide a deep dive into the due diligence process as a regulatory strategy to achieve responsible business conduct. Through a blending of theory and practice, we equip our participants with the necessary know-how to engage with the growing practice of due diligence in their daily work in civil society organisations, corporations, administrations or academia.
This winter academy is designed for academics and professionals working on issues related to business and human rights and corporate social responsibility, in particular:
- Researchers and advanced students (Master’s or PhD)
- Members of civil society organisations
- Civil servants of national and international organisations
- Lawyers and legal counsels of corporations
This state-of-the art winter academy will provide foundational knowledge on key issues at the interface of international law and artificial intelligence (AI), and offer a platform for critical debate and engagement on emerging questions. It includes lectures that address both technical and legal aspects of AI, and will alternate theoretical and more practical perspectives.
This winter academy is designed for academics and professionals working on issues related to AI and international law, in particular:
- Researchers and advanced students (Master’s or PhD) in the fields of international law, international relations, political science, philosophy, or computer science
- Policy makers, policy analysts and legal advisers working on innovation and technology in public or private institutions
- Industry professionals interested in the law and governance of AI
For inquiries about our winter academies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.