Education & Events
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the format of our courses might be subject to change. While we strive to welcome you on our premises in The Hague, we might be forced to move our trainings to an online platform, at a reduced fee. Registered participants will receive notification of the format at least a month before the starting date.
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut is a leading and authoritative provider of postgraduate and executive education on international and European law. Utilising our collective knowledge and skills and the power of partnership, we create unique and highly relevant training programmes on a variety of topics and levels for a diverse range of individuals.
Our educational programmes range from courses specifically tailored to postgraduate students, to capacity building trainings for professionals (including judges, prosecutors, legislators, civil servants, diplomats and lawyers). Our staff is experienced in identifying needs and designing and organising effective training programmes, conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings and other academic and/or educational gatherings.
Upcoming trainings in 2021:
[ICL-TCL training] ‘Strengthening domestic capacity to prosecute and adjudicate international and transnational crimes in Africa' (March 2021, registrations closed)
- Masterclass series: short courses for legal professionals (April, 2021)
- [Advanced summer programme] Terrorism, countering terrorism and the rule of law 2021 (August 30 – September 3, 2021)
- [Training programme] Disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction 2021 (Autumn 2021)
- Please keep an eye on our social media, or sign up for our newsletter to be informed on the exact dates and the opening of registrations.
Previous training activities included:
- [Winter academy] Artificial intelligence & international law 2021
- [Winter academy] Doing Business Right 2021
- [Training programme] Disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction 2020
- [Advanced summer programme] Terrorism, countering terrorism and the rule of law 2020
What you can expect
The duration of our training programmes may vary, from a few days to several weeks. The trainings take place at the Asser Institute from 9 am - 5 pm, or online, depending on the latest COVID-19 restrictions. The study load differs per training and of course depends on your previous education and experience. On average, the study load can be calculated as 150% of contact hours.
Please check the calendar of events.
Telephone:+31 (0)70 3420 319
Telephone: +31 (0)70 3420 319