Education & Events
While we strive to welcome you on our premises in The Hague, due to the coronavirus outbreak our events and courses have been moved to an online platform, at a reduced fee. In the coming period, we will regularly update our corona policy on our educational activities. Registered participants will receive notification of the format at least a month before the starting date.
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut is a leading and authoritative provider of postgraduate and executive education on international and European law. Utilising our collective knowledge and skills and the power of partnership, we create unique and highly relevant training programmes on a variety of topics and levels for a diverse range of individuals.
Our educational programmes range from courses specifically tailored to postgraduate students, to capacity building trainings for professionals (including judges, prosecutors, legislators, civil servants, diplomats and lawyers). Our staff is experienced in identifying needs and designing and organising effective training programmes, conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings and other academic and/or educational gatherings.
- Stay informed of our upcoming education & events, subscribe to our education & events newsletter.
Upcoming trainings in 2021
- Masterclass series: short courses for legal professionals (April - December 2021)
- [Summer programme] Online summer law programme on international criminal law & international legal & comparative approaches to counter-terrorism (June 1 - 25 2021)
- [Online summer workshop] International public interest advocacy (05 - 07 July 2021)
- [Advanced summer programme] Terrorism, countering terrorism and the rule of law 2021 (August 30 – September 3 2021)
- [Training programme] Disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction 2021 (Autumn 2021)
- Please keep an eye on our social media, or sign up for our newsletter to be informed on the exact dates and the opening of registrations.
Previous training activities included
- [Winter academy] Artificial intelligence & international law 2021
- [Winter academy] Due diligence as master key to responsible business conduct 2021
What you can expect
The duration of our training programmes may vary, from a few days to several weeks. Currently, all trainings are online. The study load differs per training, and depends on your previous education and experience. On average, the study load can be calculated as 150% of contact hours.
Please check the calendar of events.
Telephone:+31 70 3420 319
Telephone: +31 70 3420 319