Research Seminars and Research Labs
During the Asser Research Seminars, external researchers are invited to present their current and upcoming research with the Asser research community. The seminars are semi-open, as we invite a few external people who may be interested in the specific topic of the seminar. However, we aim to keep the group’s size limited, to stimulate interaction and high quality, in-depth discussions. Researchers who are interested in presenting their research to the Asser research community are very welcome to send an e-mail to the coordinator of the seminars Dr. Christophe Paulussen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Research seminars & labs 2019
- 8 January: Dr. Maria Mälksoo, University of Kent, Brussels & Dr. Juan Pablo Scarfi, National University of San Martín, Buenos Aires and Paris 3, Sorbonne Nouvelle
Topic: "Comparative Outlook on the Governance of Historical Memory in Transitional Contexts: South America and Eastern Europe".
- 25 April: Prof. Craig Martin, Washburn University School of Law
Topic: "Challenging and refining the 'Unwilling or Unable' doctrine: A counterterrorism threat to Jus ad Bellum".
- 13 June: Prof. Marieke de Goede, University of Amsterdam and Ms. Esmé Bosma, University of Amsterdam
Topic:"Secrecy and method in Security studies".
- 19 June: Prof. David Levine, Elon University
Topic: "Information Law, Governance, and Security".
- 19 September: Dr. Giovanni Sileno, University of Amsterdam
Topic: "Artificial Intelligence and Law".